Tuesday, April 21, 2015

When Acrylic Gel Transfers Fail: An Art Post Mortem

Usually, I can fix failed transfers. This one, maybe not!



Bubbles, the alignment is off, and chunks that came off with the paper removal process. Oops. Good thing I printed it cheaply!


So why did it fail? I didn't take my time to do it properly, and I was afraid I would run out of gel, which I was short on anyway.

1. I didn't line it up properly. I may have cut it wrong to begin with.
2. I didn't use enough gel on the layers.
3. I didn't use enough gel to "glue"the print the prepared canvas.
4. Can it be saved? I'm thinking in the interest of time to let this one go. I can sand the surface and do a transfer on top of it, or just throw it out, it's only a cheap 16x20 student canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment