Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Acrylic Painting Process and Work in Progress


Still life. The staple of classical painting exercises.  Bottles and grapes being some of the most cliche and yet the simplicity of the forms still tempts the painter's eye. And I have lots of bottles and fake grapes hanging around for just such a purpose.

I don't know if I will make a lighter colored background or not, I like painting on gold usually, but this lighter scheme is nice too.


First, I set up my stuff with white canvases as a photo-booth like i usually do, and took a picture.



Then I desaturated the picture and took the color out of it, partially to see the values more clearly, and partly because I have no color ink.
I drew a grid on the black and white print out, dividing it in half about two or three times. Then I taped string across the canvas in the same pattern to transfer the picture. I used charcoal, and wish I had taken a picture of that process, but didn't know if I was going to blog it or not.



Here is what I have so far! It's on a gold ground, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment