Monday, May 25, 2015

3 Steps to Choosing Art Projects And Give Your Goals a Direction

This will be a great idea.
 After I test it myself and get guinea pigs to test it too, I want to write an e-book and set up a webpage with ads.

So, baby steps?
Always.

Three steps to help you create a direction for your career.



Here they are:

1. Naming the Direction You Want to Go in.
2. Creating Quantifiable Criteria for Your Direction
3. Evaluating Your Projects

Now I want to expand on those in an e-book. A free e-book.

Three Steps, but I never said they were easy or short! But I think they will be worthwhile. Not only will you have a clearer sense of what you want your career to be like, you will have the basis to an artist's statement and a purpose to your efforts.

Notice I'm not saying GOAL, I'm saying DIRECTION. Why?

Goals:
  • Fail/ Succeed-- may not be as useful for the ever evolving projects of artists.
  • Time limit to being complete. What happens afterwards?
  • Aren't as flexible to change without a feeling of failure to the original goal. 
Direction:
  • Continues after goals are reached, gives a purpose to the goals!
  • Can change, more fluid
  • Give you more meaning and purpose
  • About developing more than achieving.
I want to write an e-book that will always be free. PDF, good for mobile too! Printable, in black and white to make it easy to print at home. That means ads on the website for it. Building this tool actually fits in MY main direction when I followed my own process.

Lucky me. 

Want to be notified when the e-book comes out?

Sign up for my e-mail newsletter! 








No comments:

Post a Comment