Thursday, May 14, 2015

Having an Idea for a Small Fiber Art Series: Should I Pursue the Project?

I had an idea for a project, which is always very dangerous, because ideas are just powerful.

Also, ideas tend to be very strong for me in the beginning of the inspiration cycle, so sometimes I need to sit on it for a few days to see if it's wise to pursue.

Meanwhile, I want to make a small fiber/mixed media series called The Twelve Baskets.

Each of the vessels represents, or will represent something we can give to God that he makes bigger. We give of our little, we give of whatever tiny thing we have, and trust in him to grow it to fill the need.

I had many ideas for how to go about this, even down to asking for donations of materials so I could "enlarge" the donation with the art process and make a piece of trash worth $60, and have a sort of cooperative art work! We'll see. I'd like to have people invested in the process, and they can see thier contribution in the final product too. And I'd have at least 12 people at the opening event.

But where to exhibit these things? I would be selling them individually unless someone really wanted
all of them. And I'd want to have a little booklet to go with them.


Another idea for Art Shows:  QR codes that people can scan and go to information about the art! I'd have to see how those work, because I don't have a smart phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment