Monday, May 18, 2015

Getting Into Oils With a Still Life Macro Painting of an Artichoke .


6"x6" Artichoke, Oils, 2015  WIP



 Still slightly new to the nuances of oils, I think I love them. I know my art basics and fundamentals, and now I get to apply them in a new medium with plenty of time for blending.

I bought an artichoke and did my own photography with my beloved camera that does a great macro.
Here's a bit of my set up. I don't have color ink at the moment, but working from black and white photographs gives you a better idea of value independent of the color. Also, I'm using aluminum foil for a palette right now. My oil painting media are at the other house.

I am painting with straight paint, no thinner or oil added to it. I would have liked to start  with thinner for the first underpainting, but was too lazy to go to the other place to go get it. I like how it's turning out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment