Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Writng a Business Plan for Dabblebag's Makeover

Dabblebag will soon be a true, real, business! Having signed up for 6 art fairs already, I needed a tax number. Now that I've opened that can of worms, I thought I might as well go for it and try out another idea. Art subscriptions! 
Meanwhile I am working on writing a business plan. Since the business is just me right now, no employees to do paperwork on, no partner to play tug of war with our egos (for now!) The business plan is mostly for me.

And I have broken down the start up and growth of Dabblebag the business into five phases. Five phases until I can quit all my jobs and do my own business full time. That may take a while, or it may never come, but the business can also remain steady at one of the other phases too. I based my phases on how much time I would have to devote to the business and whether it is during the crowdfunding campaign or not. Each phase has a revenue goal in order to move forward with the next investment of time, or simply put, when I can quit my job!! 

I am getting lots of advice for the business plan, lots of excitement and research into start up costs and capital. I am searching branding and marketing ideas and price per unity it would take to ship the subscription boxes. 

A newsletter is also a goal of all of this, pending the time I can put into it. Coupons for local businesses, artist bios, local events, and articles on the art industry itself, like why art costs so bloody much!

No comments:

Post a Comment