Friday, March 27, 2015

CIVA Conference for Christian Artists

I really want to go to here!
 http://civa.org/events/conference/ 

Here's the description:

"Today, more than ever, the Church needs art, and the Art World needs the Church. This four-day CIVA conference is an excellent opportunity to consider the ever-present tension that persists between artists and the church and to learn from leaders and practitioners who are working to overcome this divide. Through keynote presentations, exhibitions, workshops, and cultural outings, we’ll explore the role of art and the church. Artists and curators, educators and church leaders, and everyone in between are invited to celebrate the vital relationship of art and the church"   http://civa.org/events/conference/

But it costs money. 

While I have applied for a scholarship to help with the fees, the scholarship will not cover the entire cost. So I have started a gofundme campaign to help with the rest! 


You can find the campaign at 

NOPE!!!

There  are also rewards of a very awesome painting made just for you if you donate at least $75.

I would love to blog the event while I'm there and do art in the downtime too.

Developing the gift of art that God has given to me is very important to me, this is one of my biggest ministries.  I would like to grow and develop this gift as well as network with other artists who share a similar goal. 

 

Update! As of March 28, 2015, God prompted someone to donate the entire sum for my fees. 

God is good. And a bit crazy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment