Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Feeling Discordant in Painting and Life


chromatic paint tubes
Painting in progress


I dropped the ball, very badly, on a class yesterday. I still feel horrible about it, and it's affecting my art even though I can't do anything about it.

I called the one student  I had let down, but I let my managers, and the corporation down too. And myself, because it's just not like me to be that un-conscientious. If I could do more to fix it I would, of course. I do love the opportunity to teach, and understand that if something of this magnitude happens again, I may no longer have that opportunity at the company. That's understandable; even though I don't do it on purpose.

So, it leaks into my art. Discordant colors and brush strokes. Strangely, it's working for the art, and presents a voice by itself. One I hope I can develop without the guilt and sense of inadequacy that has accompanied it so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment