Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Idea for Faith Based Sculpture from Used Communion Cups

I have collected the used communion cups at church to do some sort of art with, but didn't do
anything with them. The first plan was some sort of wind-chime.

This time, if it goes forward, I have an idea for a sculpture that will be enclosed in an aquarium or shadow box of some sort. I am hesitant to describe more of my idea, and I'm not entirely sure why. Afraid it will lose the magic and excitement if I reveal it too early, maybe.

I want to collect used communion cups from all sorts of Christ-based churches for this project. Maybe I will find some method of communion containers that will create other shapes for this project.

The project would unite local churches, I hope, and provide for me a bit as well, at the least for my portfolio. I want churches to rise above denominations and realize what we have in common, but also celebrate our uniqueness in the sharing of the body of Christ. That's part of the symbolism for this anyway, but I will keep the format and style a secret for now.

Baby ideas are very sensitive, I an reluctant to say much about this project because the idea is very young and fragile, and I also don't trust my mind as it is to stick with ideas for longer than a week. So in the meanwhile, I sketch it out and create a project proposal as a matter of official research and garnering interest.  I would like to actually be paid for my time for one of these projects, but it feels improbable that I ever will be, and that is my lack of trust I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment