Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Old Acrylic Painting I Did

This now hangs on my brother's living room wall. I didn't know what to do with it, and I didn't want to store it, so I gave it to him as a gift for helping me move. His roommates like it too!

I think I did it in 2010 or 2009. Acrylic, 18"x24" or possibly 16"x20" since I did it for a class and the standard required canvas size was 16"x20". I've learned a lot about perspective since then!

When I painted the city on the right, I was listening to a History channel documentary about Hitler, and those buildings will always remind me of that!
I was also living at home, and we didn't have much room. I used a milk crate on top of books on an upside-down chair balanced on a chair to make an easel. Some of the books never recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment