Monday, March 31, 2014

Planning for Easter: Reinvented.

Easter!    But no bunnies, chicks, eggs, or pastels. Can you do it? And why on earth would you want to?

         I want to get to the point of Easter back to Jesus.  What do bunnies, chicks and pastels have to do with Jesus? Or the cross? Spring, new life, I get it. But I wanted something a bit more radical; I needed something a bit more radical.

Easter colors: red, white, and gold. Red for blood, white for the resurrection, and gold for Heaven and royalty. Because Easter is about the truest love, I like to use wedding decorations too.

   Ok, so I still allow butterflies for the new life theme. I'd like other suggestions on Easter motifs. I also use flowers and roses.

Passover really is the beginning of Easter. So for the first week before Easter I put red decorations above my door frames. Can you guess why?


Here's a link to my Pinterest collection for Easter Ideas:Here

No comments:

Post a Comment